Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reduce Weight By Cycling



One way to reduce weight, is to burn more calories by doing more physical activity. Cycling is a very effective way to burn calories and therefore reduce fat. About 10 minutes of cycling burns about 80 calories. My regular time is about 1 1/2 hours (approximately 25-30 km distance). In one year, this daily fitness workout uses up a total of 29,200 calories per year - about 3.5 kg of body weight.

A daily cycling workout doesn't just help you to reduce weight, it also helps you to increase aerobic fitness, improves circulation and blood sugar levels.

In order to speed up weight reduction, by cycling, it's important to follow a calorie-controlled,
healthy eatin
g-plan, containing an adequate supply of carbohydrates and protein, as well as a full range of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Remember, a well-fed body loses weight faster. In addition, obesity tests show that motivation is improved when you monitor your weight statistics on a weekly basis.

The best type of fitness plan for weight reduction is the one that you find most suitable. If you enjoy cycling, try it. If not, choose another exercise method. I have tried badminton and jogging but I ended up with injuries on my ankles and knees. Then I turned to walking in the Park but I found it rather boring and slow. I started cycling since the past 2 years and I find it suitable to keep myself in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment